It’s Time to Grow Your Business
The recession may have a silver lining for some businesses. Writing in CNN Money.com Small Business, Emily Maltby suggests that the recession might be the ideal time to grow your business. However, before making the commitment to grow make sure that you can expand without confusing existing customers or taking on more than your company can handle.
The Radical Clarity Group suggests:
- Take a long-term look at your business and determine what you want it to become
- Determine how this will impact the core story of your business
- Understand the human and capital resources that will be needed to expand
- Educate your employees so they can understand and support the grow goals
- Reassure existing customers through excellent service that the growth will not negatively impact their businesses
- Monitor your progress towards your new goals
With all businesses under pressure during the downturn, it could be a great time to grow.