Winning Back Old Customers
As the economy continues to struggle, it’s more important than ever for businesses to retain their customers. We all know that it’s more expensive to win a new customer than to reactivate an existing customer. So what are you doing to rouse a dormant customer? Writing for Small Business Trends, Adam Boyden suggests 5 steps that you can take:
- Find out why they have gone silent: Don’t be afraid to ask if something is wrong. You can use a survey or a direct call. If you don’t ask, you can’t win them back.
- Provide them with incentives: Offer a special discount or incentive to try your product or service again.
- Show them–don’t tell them: Show them other happy customers. Show them the latest and newest items you are selling. If you are selling a service, highlight your expertise in areas that affect their business.
- Use social networking to connect where they are: Let them see you where they hang out. Maybe you’ll reconnect through common interests.
- Be persistant and proactive: Keep trying. Don’t spam them, but let them know that you are there and that you want their business.
What have you done to win back dormant customers?